Master the Coverstitch Machine + Sewing Activewear – Ebook Bundle (PDF)
Get both my bestselling sewing books as ebooks at a reduced price!
Sewing Activewear: How to Make Your Own Professional-Looking Athletic Wear
The ebook Sewing Activewear is the ultimate sewing guide for creating your own workout clothes that are both functional and stylish.
- Fully illustrated step-by-step tutorials covering everything from beginner techniques and professional fashion industry methods.
- Comprehensive activewear fabric chapter and extensive guides to the best seams on every household sewing machine.
- And plenty more!
- Fabrics and notions for activewear
- Fabric types
- Stretch, weight and compression
- Activewear fabrics and the environment
- Seams for activewear
- Seam guides for every machine
- Seam allowances
- Serger overlock seams
- Sewing machine stretch seams
- Seams for hemming (incl. chapter on coverstitching)
- Sewing machine hems
- Coverstitch hemming
- Flatlock hems
- Flatlock seams
- Flatlock on a serger
- Sewing machine mock flatlock seam
- Faux flatlock using a coverstitch machine
Projects (over 25 fully illustrated tutorials)
- Sleeves with thumbholes
- Fold-over elastic
- Card pocket
- Ties and strings
- Knit binding
- Elastic openings
- Cords and drawstrings
- Crotch gussets
- Waistbands pockets
- Zipper pockets
- Sheila Powell
- Beverly Johnson
- Fehr Trade
- Gwyn Gyldenege
- Christopher Hansson
- Speciality Outdoors
Interactive pdf that can be read on any device
Master the Coverstitch Machine
The ebook Master the Coverstitch Machine will guide you through the best practices needed for successful coverstitching, with easy to understand, illustrated, step-by-step instructions.
With the basics covered, you’ll be able to create garments following the detailed tutorials on everything from sewing binding and neckband to jeans making and underwear.
Master the Coverstitch Machine will teach you how to:
- Hem garments like a pro
- Sew binding, ribbing and other neckline finishes
- Buy the coverstitch machine that best fits your needs
- Use professional techniques for swimwear, activewear and underwear
- Stitch decorative seams
- Use a coverstitch machine for jeans making
- Fix common coverstitch issues
- Use different presser feet and attachments for maximum results
- Pick the right type of needles and thread for your projects
- Clean and maintain your machine
- And lots more!
The book also features sewing industry experts who share their best tips for successful coverstitching. Coverstitching can be daunting, but it doesn't have to be. If you follow the methods described in this book you'll be amazed how little tweaks can vastly improve the end result!
Interactive PDF format that can be read on any device. Includes internal reference links and links to corresponding video tutorials.
The books can be printed on a regular printer.
PRINT BOOK VERSIONS
Note that this listing is only for the digital ebook versions of Master the Coverstitch Machine and Sewing Activewear. If you rather want a print version, you'll find the books in many bookstores and several sewing shops: