Gurli Puff Sleeve Top – PDF Sewing Pattern
The Gurli puff sleeve knit top is the ideal wardrobe staple, stylish and versatile, yet incredibly comfortable to wear. It's going to be your cosy all-around favourite.
This PDF sewing pattern is made for soft knit fabrics and has several style options, making it the perfect choice for every season or occasion.
- Two sleeve styles: Short and long
- Neckband or turtle neck collar
- Slightly tapered at the waist, subtly flared at the hem
- Suitable for soft knits with drape
- Cuffs for both sleeve options
EUR 32–56 (US 0–24)
Knit fabric 140 cm/55” wide
Short sleeve: 1.1–1.7 m/1.2–1.9 yards
Long: 1.3–1.9 m/1.4–2.1 yards
- Soft, lightweight, knits with drape. Rayon jersey, modal, bamboo, silk and similar knits are all suitable for the Gurli top.
- Choose a knit that has at least 50% stretch crosswise.
- Cotton jersey with Lycra might lack enough drape to work perfectly for this pattern. Only use fabrics with a soft, supple feel.
- Strips of lightweight stretch interfacing, clear elastic or fabric scrap to stabilise the shoulder seams.
Beginner, ideally with some prior experience sewing with knits. The instructions do have lots of beginner-friendly tips to help you sew a knit top.
Having a serger and a coverstitch machine will be helpful, but the Gurli top can be sewn on a regular sewing machine too.
PDF PATTERN INFO
The Gurli Top is a PDF pattern that includes both a print-at-home A4/Letter format and a Copyshop/A0 file. The sizing is layered, with the option to only print one size.
The pattern also comes with clear, illustrated step-by-step instructions with lots of bonus tips for sewing with knits.